About the Hulicka Scholars Program
The Hulicka Scholars program identifies and supports high-achieving psychology majors. The program introduces beginning students to the psychology field and shares the amazing opportunities available at our department and college. The program also seeks to build community among students by allowing more advanced students to serve as role models for first- and second-year students.
- Learn about opportunities in the Psychology Department
- Develop professional skills
- Explore different career paths
- Connect with other students with similar interests
- Conduct your own research study
- Have the opportunity to graduate with Honors in Psychology
How to Apply
Invitations to apply are distributed in the spring semester. New Hulicka Scholars begin in the fall.
- Complete a brief application
- Submit a writing sample
- Agree to fully participate in the program.
For Program Admissions
- Psychology majors in their second semester and beyond
- Psychology GPA and overall GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Transfer students must have completed at least one semester at Buffalo State in order to be eligible.
For Continued Membership
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA overall and in Psychology
- Attend meetings of the program unless they are unable to do so and give advance notice (for example, missing a meeting scheduled while a student is at an internship)
- Complete either PSY 499 Independent Study or PSY 496/498 Honors Thesis I and II prior to graduation. (PSY 488 Internship in Psychology may be substituted for this requirement by advisement)
- Participate in two semesters of a 1-credit Honors Seminar in Psychology course, including topics such as career development, research skills, and current issues/readings discussions and workshops.